Skip to main content

Holiday Frame Craft - Good Progress

The woodland frame elves have been hard at work. The staining was completed a few days ago. Here are the stained versions:


They turned out quite well! A $2.74 frame now looks at least $6.83.

Then we began cutting the crabapple twigs to fit the frames, and hot-glued them along with acorns and pinecones to the frames. In a few cases I've added a touch of glitter to some of the elements. Here are a few completed ones:




We're going to make a pretty placeholder image for the center of the frames when we ship them. First set will be shipped tomorrow. After we got our feet wet, I began adding oak leaves. I'll post photos of those in the next post.

Comments

  1. Hello,
    What a creative girl you are. I like them.
    Have a nice evening
    Marijke

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you putting in those gorgeous frames?? What a lot of creativity you have, I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hvor er du kreativ.
    Tak for kigget.
    God jul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all. Sissy, The frames are left blank for the recipients to put in any photo they'd like. I'm about to post the finished versions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Busy Bees

We took a walk through the conservation land behind the house, and found that while we were taking a respite, others were very hard at work harvesting pollen from the Prairie Asters:




Such a beautiful office to work in:

Last summer's Hollyhocks

Here are some photos of last summer's (2014's) Hollyhocks. They are the same that were photographed in 2013, but they bloomed even more profusely last summer. In the grip of winter, photos of flowers like these seem like miracles.





Hollyhocks

Cottage garden flowers are so delightful, and I've been wanting to add more and more. I planted some Hollyhocks from seed on the east and west sides of the house last Spring. The West side hollyhocks were "double" Hollyhocks, and the East side are the traditional ones. The West side gets much more intense sunlight so the double ones really grew strong, and so much more beautiful than I could have imagined. They are still blooming profusely. They look like crepe ballgowns for fairies. The seed package showed shades of pink - ranging from white to dark red. The two colors that bloomed were a bubblegum pink and a fuscia.

Just as I thought the bubblegum pink ones couldn't get any prettier, the centers became yellower as the summer went on.